Thursday, May 05, 2005

Arvind Thiagarajan's trail-blazing invention!

Arvind Thiagarajan. Photo: Sreeram Selvaraj
Photo © Copyright Sreeram Selvaraj, www.rediff.com

MatrixView. Sounds like the name of a Sci-Fi movie? Well, it's not. It is a young startup by one of my friends Arvind Thiagarajan. Today, I caught this headline on the front page of Rediff.com. It screamed "Thiagarajan's trail-blazing invention". One click on the link and I was staring at one of my closest friends' face. Initially, my jaw dropped. Then my pride soared. I had no idea that he had been interviewed by Rediff. The article spoke about Arvind and his startup "MatrixView" and its path-breaking innovations in the field of Medical Image Compression. His company went public in Aug 2004 in Australia and is traded on the Australian Stock Exchange [ASX ticker symbol : MUV].

To be very emphatic about how I feel, I proudly claim that we both ate from the same lunch boxes back in school, ogled at the same women, sat on the same bench, and even got thrown out of classes together. Arvind studied with me at St.Michael's Academy.

It amazes me that someone my age can achieve so much at such an early stage in life. Four years back, just before I left India for my Masters, I remember watching Lagaan with him as a "parting" movie. Heck, we were just two kids fresh out of college wondering what our future was going to be like.. What an achievement in 4 short years!

Kudos to you Arvind, and good luck for the future. I think I can speak for everyone who has known you over the years. We are all very proud of you! I am greatly inspired by you.

Read the article on Rediff here.
Read about MatrixView here.
 

4 Comments:

Blogger NS said...

Came across this article yesterday, amazing stuff! Hats off to ur friend!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Rhapsoder said...

Hey Nithya,

Hopefully, he'll see your comment when he reads this blog sometime :-)

7:47 PM  
Blogger NS said...

Hi,
There are quite a few shoutbox providers, like shoutboxes.com, shoutmix.com.. i use shoutmix.. register there, ctrl+c ctrl+v the SB code and paste in ur template..:)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Ramki said...

Personally ,iam very very happy abt this ..Arvind was my college mate ...Iam very much impressed with his focus and his aims ...

-Ramki

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home