Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mocha..

Interesting new places have come up in Chennai. I went with a couple of friends to this coffee/dessert place called Mocha on Khader Nawaz Khan road. I hear that its a chain that originated in Bombay. It was interestingly done up.. and had pretty good deserts. They had lawn seating as well as indoor seating. I had been there when I was in Chennai in December too. Each table was uniquely done. The last time I had been there, I sat outside in a Rickshaw seat (!) and some car seats laid out in the lawn. This time we got only an indoor seating. However, the first room I saw made me gag...
Here's a pic of that room!!



It was a toilet converted into a coffee table. I probably might've been able to sit on the 'seat' closest to the door.. but definitely not where this guy is seated!! I think I would've died of claustrophobia! Ofcourse, many other people seemed to be enjoying this room particularly. The waiter was surprised that we outrightly rejected this seating. He told us later that this was their most in-demand room. For the more experimenting type of people, there was also tub seating on the right side in the same room (not covered in this photograph).

They had interesting ways of decorating their deserts. Here's one that I liked..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i too managed to gain a little profit...

http://daydreams-and-me.blogspot.com/2006/04/lemonade-game.html

Please leave ur comments on my blog :-)


Praveen

11:53 PM  
Blogger FSN 3.0 said...

Do those water closets actually work? In case the desserts or coffee is crappy ( pun intended), you can take care of it right there :-).

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manu,

Did you hook onto the Hookah?

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home