Monday, March 05, 2007

And finally..

it's official. I will be working with Cypress Semiconductors in their Strategic Marketing division in Chennai. I turned down my other offer with Verizon as a Program Manager.
This is a new team being formed at a new location, and so it is going to involve a lot of work. But I'm really excited about the opportunity. This group decides what products the company makes, and who to target.
I'm also happy about the fact that I will be using the knowledge from my MS and past work-experience also, while successfully making a move to strategic marketing. So, in effect, I haven't wasted any years in my life. And to top it all off, it is in Chennai.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome dude .. congrats ... nothing can beat by being in chennai man .. great .. have fun ...

parthi

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats !!!! It probably couldn't get any better .... superb !!

Ram

10:24 AM  
Blogger hellfire said...

Hey there!
My name is Orijit Dhar.
I came across your page through orkut ISB class of 2008. I was offered an admit to ISB , but rejected it.

I figure from what I read on your blog that you have a background in semiconductors. I am planning to do my MS and would love to hear more about your experience. If you can spare the time, please send me you e-mail id to orijitdhar@gmail.com

appreciate it,
Orijit

8:37 PM  
Blogger Rhapsoder said...

Hi Orijit.
My experiences are all written about here on my blog. I usually have the habit of writing about it quite meticulously. You'll probably get an idea about it if you read some of the earlier posts.. probably start with posts from December 05.
Cheers.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Manukaran,
Nice and informative blog, especially about ISB. I read through your whole year at ISB.

I am curious as to why you did not take the Program Manager role? I am trying to understand what my options are post-MBA in India. In my experience, most Program Managers are non-technical who are seemingly caught between upper management & the technical leads.

thanks!
SR

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home