Sunday, August 27, 2006

Dropping the security check bar to new lows!

I was going through Slashdot and I found a report on this small incident..
This is hillarious.

Man's iPod slips off his belt clip into the loo while he's taking a dump on an airplane. He even confesses to the waitress about it. The authorities detour the plane to Ottawa and do a bomb-squad check. They interrogate the passengers for a few hours.

Click here to read the entire first hand account of this!

Reminds me of an incident that happened at the Raleigh Airport in Dec 2001.

I am lined up to board the aircraft to Detroit to visit my cousins for the Christmas break. The Air Hostess announces on the PA system..

"We will now perform a security check on a few passengers. These passengers have all been chosen randomly. There is no need to panic.

Abdhul Khaled, Mohammad Irshad, Shamim Begum, Asif Ismail, Feroz Khan, Irfan Pathan, ........"


Yeah right!!

p.s. The names weren't exactly the same ones.. but you get the gist! :-P

1 Comments:

Blogger Sidharth said...

I remember always being "randomly" selected for security checks.So,it was also the Sriram Krishans and the Karthik Srinivasans who were checked :) Not the Arabs alone.

Reminds me,my friend "Sriram Kannan" was detained in Paris for 6 hours because they claimed his name was on their list of wanted Terrorists.Now,since when did nalla tamizh pasanga start doing all these things? ;)

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home