Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The Japanese Pot Saga

Japan is a treat for gizmo freaks. They have everything automated.. right from payments for tickets for the subway, all the way to food dispensers. But, one unique gizmo which I haven't seen anywhere else in the world.. is in the Japanese rest rooms! They have automated ass-cleaners! Of course, this doesn't put everyone in their comfort zone. As one of my colleagues remarked.. "Japan has everything.. automated dispensers.. high-tech toilets.. but no god-damn toilet-paper!"

Why don't we have such innovative products in India? :-P. At least in the star hotels! I'm sure no one will complain.

The pleasure of a high-tech pot, I tell you.. is very addicting! Especially true if you're a "lazy bum" like I am (pun intended)! I was reminded of my parents picking on me for trying to get work done without moving my ass :-P. For once, I can say that this did happen! (Okay.. I'll stop grossing my readers out at this point).

Voila.. for your viewing pleasure.. one such high-tech toilet!

Check it out! Heated seat rings for added comfort! Definitely useful during the cold Japanese winters!
[Edit] Forgot to mention the "Deodorizer" button! :-)


Spray control! Water temperature control!


And finally the incredible ass cleaner!


Oh btw.. the last picture wasn't as easy to shoot as one would imagine. The damn sprayer wouldn't come out till someone sat on the toilet seat. There was some sort of weight sensing mechanism on the toilet seat ring. Talk about hi-tech :-P.
I tried summoning the sprayer after placing my soap box on the toilet seat ring.. no luck. Replaced the soap box with my entire toilet kit. Still didn't work! Then, I finally ran out of options.. and decided to stand on the tub which was to the right of the pot.. put one foot on the toilet seat ring, add pressure by putting my weight on it.. lean over.. press the button to summon the sprayer (which btw.. retreats into the frame until required.. so as not obstruct other important stuff..), quickly stand up again, and shoot a picture of it. Unfortunately for me, the summon button was way over to the other side.. across the pot.. It was quite a task to whip out my camera quick enough to shoot this picture.

Finally, after 45 min of struggling to take this picture (and after getting sprayed on my face some 3-4 times.. DAMN that thing has a powerful spray! Went almost 4-5 feet high!), I emerged victorious from the rest room! Smiling.. drenched all over.. but camera unharmed/untouched (it's an expensive Nikon D70). I had this picture that I shall keep for posterity! I only managed to get the sprayer on its way back in.. but that's good enough. Couldn't dodge the damn spray.. AND whip out the camera and shoot a clear picture fast enough!

p.s. What? :-P. Stop over-reacting. The water from the spray was clean water. So, no big deal getting sprayed on the face :-P

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Mama said...

hahaha. too good. by the way, this is your second post on toilets. you should look at more innovative products, before this becomes a trend.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Rhapsoder said...

hey.. this is innovation too! :-P

As you know.. I don't get to go out touring during my business visits. I observe whatever i can in my little exposure to each country.. which definitely starts with the Loos!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Abhinav Vinayakh Shankar said...

Manu karan picked up a flush. Getting the hand is luck. what you do with it is skill. This guy wrestled with it for 45 mins photographed it. And blogged about it. And told me 3 times and made me read the post twice.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahhahahhaha... your 2nd post on toilet innovation... interesting passion... lol... but antha 45 mins parthaan konjam sirippaa varuthu... and the spray part as well!!! hahahahahhaha... japan ellarum seriyaana somberingalaaa???

9:00 PM  
Blogger Rhapsoder said...

@freaky..

Lol.. actually.. not true.. japanese are far from being (having?) lazy bums!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Abhinav Vinayakh Shankar said...

Now this reminds me of the toilet paper joke. LMAO.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home