Saturday, May 31, 2008

Suvarnabhumi - namba bhumi?

The Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport had its list of surprises for me. First was of course the extra long walk from the A terminals to the E terminals. However, there was another surprise for me. I had imagined Bangkok to be a primarily Bhuddist/Muslim country. The name itself had surprised me. But then there was this depiction of the Koorma Avataram from Lord Vishnu's Dasavathaaram. Very beautifuly depicted too! I didn't realize till I saw this, that Bangkok has a very strong Hindu tradition as well!



Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nithya said...

Very beautiful...glad u took a pic of this!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Rhapsoder said...

thank you! :-)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Lovely depiction. Glad you took a picture. :)

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home