Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Asia takes notice of the Indian Ultimate Frisbee scene!

I got an email from Shane Charnas from Asia Ultimate TV in Taiwan recently. He runs a show for Ultimate Frisbee and wanted to talk about Ultimate in India. We had a chat over Skype and he put the talk on this month's episode of Asia Ultimate TV. He talked about how there is lot of Ultimate happening in Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan and China and mentioned that India should start getting integrated into the Asian Ultimate scene too!
It was at this moment that I realized how far we've come from.. the whole of India.. and Ultimate in India... from a year ago, when there was nothing, to today, when we have so much happening! Every single player has contributed to all of this.. and I'm proud to be part of this big movement!

Goooooo Ultimate!

Click below to hear the interview
http://asiaultimatetv.blip.tv/#1605771

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is fantastic! I'm from B'bay, but live in the U.S. right now. I've always wondered if there is an Ultimate community in India, and came by this blog.

I've always wanted to get this community started, but have not been there long enough to do so. How do I get more detail on other Ultimate communities in the country?

7:48 PM  
Blogger Rhapsoder said...

There's a BIG ultimate community now. 10 teams all over India.
Chennai, Bangalore, Kanpur, Kodai, Pune, Bombay, etc.
Let me know who you want to talk to and I'll give you their emails/phone numbers.

3:38 PM  
Blogger KS said...

Sweet! Can you drop me a line, so that I can get in touch with you via email?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Rhapsoder said...

give me your email id

1:34 PM  
Blogger KS said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home