Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Rang De Basanti

Just bought the CD from the Landmark store at Spencers. Deviating a little from the topic of the post.. shopping at Landmark was like shopping at the Macy's just off Broadway in Manhattan. Bustling crowd, awesome ambiance, good music playing in the background. Just a really energetic atmosphere. The presence of so much youth can definitely create the vibes in the air. It's kindof hard to describe.

Coming back to the album, I have to give it an A after the first hear. This is probably the first of A.R.Rahman's albums where I liked all the music on first hear. Like one of my friends animatedly put it, Rahman's music is usually like a parasite. It slowly grows on you. However, I was pleasantly surprised with this song. I didn't want to skip any of the songs. The entire CD played for about 45 minutes and this is probably the first time I listened to an entire album without a break on first hear (if that is a correct term to use :-P)

Commenting on the songs after hearing them for the first time.. Roobaroo sounded a lot like Lucky Ali's Dooba Dooba. I think its probably because of the guitar in the background, and also the fact that Rahman's voice sometimes tends to resemble Lucky Ali's. I also liked the rap number "Paathshala - be a rebel". Well done Rahman!

I would say that with this album, he's definitely got back his touch.. the one that was missing even in albums like Ayutha Ezhuthu (Yuva) and Ah Aah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home