Friday, May 12, 2006

Boulder

I miss Boulder. I was going over my ex-roomie's blog and saw pictures of spring in Pearl Street. The Tulips apparantly are in full blossom.

I sit back and think about Boulder and all of a sudden it seems like it happened in another life, in another time. Hiking, skiing, snowboarding, the incredible drives in the mountains, Peak to Peak highway, the guys at CU, the people at Seagate, Akka and her family, my apartment with a view of the FlatIron Mountains. I loved my 3 years in Boulder. So many things to do all the time. However, I think I was glad to leave the place because of some turn of events. The last few months kindof left a bitter taste in the mouth. I think I have myself to blame for them. But the bonds I formed with my friends are worth a life-time. I learnt a lot from my room-mate and friends there. He must be winding up with my apartment lease this weekend.

The last month here at ISB has been so packed, it has helped me form some really good friends. It has helped me forget Boulder.

What a paradox! It's amazing how time can be your best friend as well as your worst enemy. Best friend in the sense that it helps you forget pain. I don't think I'd have been alive if I still felt the same pain that I felt when I parted with different people at different points in my life. Time has helped me forget.
On the other hand, time has also been my worst enemy. I forget close bonds :-). People I loved spending time with. People who meant a lot to me. All of them slowly fade away and we can hardly remain in touch.

Okay, snapping back to reality. I've got lots of studying to do today before I meet up with my study group at 5.00pm to discuss assignments. Last night's mirror pool party was fun. The dance floor was the pool itself. We were all jumping around in a foot and a half of water.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ayshu said...

Manu,
U made me think of Boulder as well!pearl street is so pretty especially in summer!!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Rhapsoder said...

Ayshu,

Pearl street is unbeatable! I wish I could make a trip there right now!

1:50 PM  
Blogger anshul said...

Heh. Thanks for all the traffic :)

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home