Thursday, December 14, 2006

So many things happening in the Universe and here I am..

...stuck at my desk trying to read for a bloody Customer Focussed Product Development exam!

Did you know that on Dec 5th, a major solar tsunami was observed?
It was called an X9 flare. I think this is the largest that has ever been observed by mankind. Read about it here.

Did you know that there is a serious solar storm approaching the earth right now? An X3 flare that happened yesterday resulted in what is called a Coronal Mass Ejection(CME) aimed squarely at the earth. It might blow out a few satellites here and there. And the Aurora Borealis will be huge and can be seen all the way from the northern United States. Read about it here.

I also found a cool related video explaining the damages that CME can cause. Watch the video here.


Okay.. and now, I'm doing something as minuscule and insignificant as trying to study for my CFPD exam.

Whats the point??

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home