Sunday, March 16, 2008

The beginning of the demise of Hindi movies!

I was walking out of my parents' room to my room to try and get some sleep (which I haven't been getting too much of these days). In the process, I had to pass by the living room. I saw my sister watching one more of those sappy Hindi movies where the hero (typically called Raj) romancing away with a heroine (typically wearing close to nothing in a frigging cold location) in a foreign location in a convertible with the top flipped down!

Oh wait.. this particular movie was THE movie! Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge! The first of its 4-word title kind.. and the movie which started the demise of them all! It has been 13 years since this movie came out in 1995, and it still continues to haunt me! I am surprised that my sis managed to find a DVD of this movie.. I had stayed clear of buying/pirating this particular movie from any type of source :-P.



My cousin, who had joined her in watching the movie exclaims to me that this is an old classic! :-P. I merely say that it's 'cause of a few idiots like my sister who go weak on their knees watching such concocted BS stories, that movies such as this one continue to run till date!

Before any idiots start spam-busing my blog, I will also say the following. I gotta give it to DDLJ, it was the best of the 4-word titled idiotic Hindi movies (notice I still do NOT say it's the best Hindi movie :-P). It's the other junky movies that it spawned off that bug me about DDLJ!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so sick Manu Bhai :-)

DDLJ is a nice movie and I beg to differ - u rate this one as an idiotic movie,I rate this as one of the best movies that bollywood has ever made.

Bad Boy!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Vivek said...

"Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge! The first of its 4-word title kind.. "

Did you forget "Hum apke hain kaun"


Certainly I prefer DDLJ to HAHK..
the latter is just a gloried version of a wedding video

2:26 PM  
Blogger Joe Russ said...

Bullshit !! you just want people to comment and make your site popular. Seems to me that you don't have any idea about nor respect for hindi films.
At the end of the day you may be the only one calling DDLJ an idiots film. Which makes you the idiot - isn't it ?

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home