Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Creativity Confirmed!

I had heard this from one of my professors who taught the Creativity, Innovation & Design course at ISB. On my last business trip, I happened to be at the Amsterdam airport. So, I decided to go check it out to make sure the prof wasn't pulling a fast one on us! :-). And boy oh boy, did I get a chance a chance to see the work of a genius in person.

Any public building administrator would tell you that the men's rest room has to be cleaned at least twice as often as the ladies rest room! Apparently we men have a 'focusing/aim problem'. Very plainly put, we spray far more :-P, and hence end up leaving the rest room more messed up than it was before. Hence the whole twice more cleaning required bit.

But hey, the Amsterdam airport authorities (or whoever) have definitely showed some creativity in reigning in administrative/cleaning costs.

Check out the following pictures!



The small painted fly in the piss pot solves half their problem! Apparently, it gives the men users a "target" or some sort of a focus you can say!
And trust me when I say it works :-P. It is bloody effective!

p.s. Excuse me for the poor quality photos. I had only my phone on me (forgot to carry my DSLR on this trip!). Couldn't get closer to take better pics, so had to be content with just using the zoom function on my phone. As it is, there were a number of people staring at the weird guy who was pointing out/waving his phone at the piss pot for some reason! :-P

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Mama said...

if u'd clicked the photos using ur D70, then im sure the onlookers would have freaked out.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO :)

10:47 PM  
Blogger Rashi Bahadur said...

Yeah, remember this being used as an example of a good design!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Abhinav Vinayakh Shankar said...

Yeah! they would have thought you were trying to take pictures of their 'fly'(s) LOL

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahaha!!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Touche' said...

Whoa! Creativity at its best! VEry nice concept.. Wish it was the Parry days :)

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home