Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Placement week gets closer!

Placement week is 10 days away. I see a lot of people walking around with dead-pan expressions. I find it very funny that the tension is almost palpable. Some of the international offers have just started flowing in. For some reason, this seems to put more pressure on the rest of the people. The way I see it, people should be relieved. Those people who get their offers now are usually less serious about later interviews. This means less competition. I am very very happy that lots of people are getting offers already. Both in terms of having seen how hard they've been preparing.. and also for my own selfish reasons of them not being in my way for the jobs I'm targeting! So far, the salaries are looking good. Guess its a great job market out there! Looks like there's some real dearth for talent out in the industry that they're willing to pay so much for people with even a few years of experience. Guess, it's also the 6.1% inflation speaking :-).

So, if you're asking me what I"m doing in the middle of all this.. This is what my schedule looks like on all days except Tuesdays and Thursdays.

9.00am : wake up and start working on resume/EOI for the job application due by 12.00am
10.25am : rush to the cafeteria to have breakfast. (Note, cafeteria shuts down at 10.30 :-) )
11.00am : come back to my room, finish my application and turn it in just minutes before the deadline.
12.00pm : Read the newspaper and watch some TV at leisure
1.30pm : Go have a shower.
2.00pm : Check out slashdot for an hour
3.00pm : damn, I woke up so early.. need to sleep for a while
4.30pm : wake up and check mails
5.30pm : Go play Ultimate Frisbee
6.30pm : Go work out in the gym.
7.30pm : come back from the gym, generally browse the net
8.30pm : Go have a shower
9.00pm : Go for dinner
10.15pm : Meet up for some interview prep with my prep-group
11.30pm : Come back.. and start reading case for next morning 8.00am class
1.30am : Hit the sack

On tuesday's and thursday's I wake up at 7.30am and so my whole days are screwed anyway. Nothing productive happens except for the 2 classes I go to!

Hmm, and now I'm wondering when the panic attack will hit me, so that I can actually prepare for my interviews! I need to atleast revise some core-term stuff.. but absolutely 0 enthu for that!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

12 noon is 12 PM and not 12 AM

11:22 AM  
Blogger Rhapsoder said...

er.. thats what it says even on the post right? Or am I missing something?

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home