Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Moving pain!

In the last month or so, I've come to realize that making the decision to move is a lot easier than actually moving. Moving to India is not an easy deal. Moving out of any country is not easy I'm sure. I've learnt that neither UPS or Fedex ships any personal items to India. Hmm, so what next.. I'll have to call a professional mover to move my stuff. Heck!! Thats a 1000$ minimum.

I've been trying to sell my car.. and that takes a lot longer than I thought. Its been up on sale for over a month and I still haven't been able to sell it. Big surprise eh? Student town.. expensive car.. go figure! It doesn't take a genius to work out the reasons for not being able to sell it.

Selling my car has been the most difficult thing I've had to do as part of my move to India. This is my first car.. and its a smart one too. I've loved every moment I've spent with it. All 36.5K miles I've driven on it, I've fallen more and more in love with it. Well, this is when they say, attachment to anything is not good. The day I put my car on sale, I was in severe depression. Adios amigo! You've served me well.. hopefully the next owner will treat you well.. You haven't ever let me down.

Tribute to you my amigo!! All I can do is put up some pictures of you..



1 Comments:

Blogger AD said...

Doing the move myself. NYC -> Delhi. Anyway, contact me @ arundhar@gmail.com

Good to find other admits undertaking the "move back"

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home